BELIEVING IN DESTINY
CREATED BY: Gerald Chong
WGAw REGISTRY: 1853422
Story by: Gerald Chong
REVISED: CREATED MONDAY, 03/25/19 - 3:41 AM
CREATED MONDAY, 03/25/19 - 3:41 AM - I went to sleep early on Sunday night and woke up at 1:15 am Monday to specifically to work on two things: A children's book version of my animated film "Believing in Destiny" and the book on former Honolulu underworld figure Roy Ryder, which is related to my TV drama series "Paradise." After doing a keyword search for "children's book illustrator," I discovered the work of Will Terry and instantly became a fan.
Inspired by stories of oceanic gods and monsters, a maverick scientist explores the deep-sea and learns that the Polynesian myths of ancient gods, creation, and a “Tree of Life” at the ocean bottom are all too hauntingly true.
REVISED: FRIDAY, 12/30/11 – 8:48 PM
TV SITCOM VERSION
FAQ PAGE - (FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS)
THE CENTRAL ISSUE
FEATURE FILM SERIES EPISODES
REVISED: SUNDAY, 07/02/2017 - 10:09 PM
- BELIEVING IN DESTINY
- A DATE WITH DESTINY
- DECIDING THEIR DESTINY
- APPOINTMENT WITH DESTINY
- CONTROLLING THEIR DESTINY
- SEALING THEIR DESTINY
- FULFILLING THEIR DESTINY
- WINDS OF DESTINY
- Characters: Primary and supporting
- Possible actors
- Possible "Above-the-Line"
- Possible "Below-the-Line"
- Inspiration (Newspapers, TV, YouTube, etc.)
- Story location
- Shooting location
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, 02/19/19 - 2:12 PM - 41-031 WAILEA ST. - WAIMANALO, HAWAII
- OBJECTIVES: As with all of our projects, our goal is to:
- Teach history and give our audiences some background into why things are the way they are.
- Debunk the myths, hoaxes, and "fake news."
- INSPIRE: We hope to create a sense of wonder to inspire a new generation of Americans to take action and do the right things. Because our show's supporting characters is a dreamer who aspires to greatness, our audiences can follow their respective paths.
- OUR ACTIONS DEFINE OUR CHARACTER: We need to show our audiences what road one has to travel in order to achieve our lifelong dreams. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. Nothing is free. One has to suffer some pain to elevate one's life to the next level.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE: When we are personally challenged by an evil person or called out by evil events (criminal activity, war, etc.) occurring within our community, we need to answer, or the evil will eventually reach us after it destroys our neighbors.
PROTAGONIST: A CONFUSED TEENAGER
DESTINY is a young female humpback whale who cannot understand why Life has dealt her such a bad hand. But through the efforts of her "public school teacher," she is inspired to set off on an adventure that requires courage and involves great risk, but is a journey that will turn her life around...
Destiny: "There is no hope for someone like me."
ILLUSTRATOR: WILL TERRY
THE DIFFICULT LIFE OF A MODEL
ECCENTRIC SUPPORT CHARACTERS