HEART OF THE JUNGLE
CREATED BY: Gerald Chong
WGAw REGISTRY: 1853422
Story by: Gerald Chong
CREATED: WEDNESDAY, 12/19/18 - 2:36 PM
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, 12/19/18 - 7:00 AM
Call to Adventure/Hook/Wanderer:
Martyr/Risking life and limb (possible death):
- A certain jungle in the Philippines/Amazon/China/Europe is considered sacred and dangerous.
- Billionaire businessman LUCIO TAN wants to mine for nickel in the jungle. There is a region where a newly-discovered medicinal plant is most plentiful.
- But that is the heart of the ancient jungle and is considered sacred ground.
- The workers who go to harvest the plant in the jungle have walked into a trap: The plant is a lure... The jungle is infested with "Venus Flytrap" plants that have vine-tentacles that capture and entangle its prey.
FEATURE FILM VERSION
FAQ PAGE - (FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS)
THE CENTRAL ISSUE
REVISED: TUESDAY, 07/04/2017 - 4:22 AM
- A Far Different Story
- Little Larger Than the Rest
- A Rise in Complaints
- Begging for Shelter
- Concrete Action
- Deviating from the Normal
- Drawing So Much Focus
- Dreaming Up a Nightmare
- Facing Unbearable Stress
- Head in the Clouds
- Make No Mistake
- Insanely Imaginative
- Looking to Build Something
- Pretty Lofty Position
- The Hardest One by Far
- Characters: Primary and supporting
- Possible actors
- Possible "Above-the-Line"
- Possible "Below-the-Line"
- Inspiration (Newspapers, TV, YouTube, etc.)
- Story location
- Shooting location
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, 02/19/19 - 4:47 PM - 41-031 WAILEA ST. - WAIMANALO, HAWAII
OBJECTIVES: As with all of our projects, our goal is to:
- Teach history and give our audiences some background into why things are the way they are.
- Debunk the myths, hoaxes, and "fake news."
- INSPIRE: We hope to create a sense of wonder to inspire a new generation of Americans to take action and do the right things. Because our show's supporting characters is a dreamer who aspires to greatness, our audiences can follow their respective paths.
- OUR ACTIONS DEFINE OUR CHARACTER: We need to show our audiences what road one has to travel in order to achieve our lifelong dreams. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. Nothing is free. One has to suffer some pain to elevate one's life to the next level.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE: When we are personally challenged by an evil person or called out by evil events (criminal activity, war, etc.) occurring within our community, we need to answer, or the evil will eventually reach us after it destroys our neighbors.