CREATED BY: Gerald Chong
WGAw REGISTRY: 1853422
Story by: Gerald Chong
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, 02/06/19 - 12:06 PM
REVISED: WEDNESDAY, 02/06/19 - 12:06 PM - Up until this moment, all I knew about "Heavily Influenced" was that it would be about heavy people - either heavy in the physical sense or a "heavy" in the figurative sense. Maybe both. I had no storyline, nor did I have any ideas for a cast. But while casting for my TV sitcom "As Hot As Hot Gets" and doing research for my horror film "Brutal by Design," I came across a YouTube video titled "I'll Just Eat Until I'm Dead." which led me to develop the following logline:
The frustrating and seemingly dead-end life of a 600-pound male and his family, who are heavily influenced by bad habits and criminal friends and relatives, but who are also gradually being influenced by others to turn their lives around.
CREATED: WEDNESDAY, 02/06/19 - 12:06 AM
- The protagonists are a reflection of America as a whole. We are ignorant, overweight, drug-addicted, in ill health, and carry a very bad attitude. We need to turn our lives around, but it doesn't come free. Discipline and action needs to happen, and it will only happen if we all unite and work together.
FEATURE FILM VERSION
FAQ PAGE - (FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS)
THE CENTRAL ISSUE
FEATURE FILM SERIES EPISODES
CREATED: TUESDAY, 07/04/2017 - 4:27 PM
- HEAVILY INFLUENCED
- HEAVILY MOTIVATED
- HEAVILY SUPPORTED
- Characters: Primary and supporting
- Possible actors
- Possible "Above-the-Line"
- Possible "Below-the-Line"
- Inspiration (Newspapers, TV, YouTube, etc.)
- Story location
- Shooting location
- OBJECTIVES: As with all of our projects, our goal is to:
- Teach history and give our audiences some background into why things are the way they are.
- Debunk the myths, hoaxes, and "fake news."
- INSPIRE: We hope to create a sense of wonder to inspire a new generation of Americans to "put down the donuts," eat well, and get active. Because one of the show's supporting characters is an obese video gamer who well-respected in that community, he/she aspires to be the "god" and "legend" that his/her admirers think he/she is.
- OUR ACTIONS DEFINE OUR CHARACTER: We need to show our audiences what road one has to travel in order to achieve our lifelong dreams. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. Nothing is free. One has to suffer some pain to elevate one's life to the next level.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE: When we are personally challenged by an evil person or called out by evil events (criminal activity, war, etc.) occurring within our community, we need to answer, or the evil will eventually reach us after it destroys our neighbors.
PROTAGONISTS: THE ARCHITECTS
ANTAGONISTS: THE DEVELOPERS