OTHER MEN'S MONKEYS
CREATED BY: Gerald Chong
WGAw REGISTRY: 1853422
Story by: Gerald Chong
REVISED: TUESDAY, 08/01/17 - 11:53 PM
A fifty-year-old Army veteran and first-time husband struggles to keep both his job as a zookeeper and his sanity as a stepfather to the rebellious and disrespectful "monkeys" in his personal and professional life.
TV SITCOM VERSION
FAQ PAGE - (FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS)
THE CENTRAL ISSUE
FEATURE FILM SERIES EPISODES
REVISED: MONDAY, 07/03/2017 - 8:12 PM
- OTHER MEN'S LEFTOVERS
- OTHER MEN'S FEARS
- OTHER MEN'S LUXURIES
- OTHER MEN'S VICES
- OTHER MEN'S TROPHIES
- OTHER MEN'S FAILURES
- Characters: Primary and supporting
- Possible actors
- Possible "Above-the-Line"
- Possible "Below-the-Line"
- Inspiration (Newspapers, TV, YouTube, etc.)
- Story location
- Shooting location
REVISED: THURSDAY, 02/07/19 - 3:57 PM - 41-031 WAILEA ST. - WAIMANALO, HAWAII
OBJECTIVES: As with all of our projects, our goal is to:
- Teach history and give our audiences some background into why things are the way they are.
- Debunk the myths, hoaxes, and "fake news."
- INSPIRE: We hope to create a sense of wonder to inspire a new generation of Americans to take action and do the right things. Because our show's supporting characters is a dreamer who aspires to greatness, our audiences can follow their respective paths.
- OUR ACTIONS DEFINE OUR CHARACTER: We need to show our audiences what road one has to travel in order to achieve our lifelong dreams. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. Nothing is free. One has to suffer some pain to elevate one's life to the next level.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE: When we are personally challenged by an evil person or called out by evil events (criminal activity, war, etc.) occurring within our community, we need to answer, or the evil will eventually reach us after it destroys our neighbors.
PROTAGONIST: THE EMBATTLED STEPFATHER
TOM SEGURA is madly in love with a charming woman who happens to have a pair of idiots as her loving sons. They love her, but don't care much for him, even though there's no logical reason to be, other than they do not like the idea of any man serving as a replacement for their biological fathers, who both happen to be total losers.
ANTAGONISTS: THE DIFFICULT STEPSONS
THURSDAY, 03/07/19 - 9:05 AM - 41-031 WAILEA STREET - WAIMANALO, HI
Both of them were at-risk youth due to trauma from the dysfunctional family life in their early years. Their stepfather entered their lives while they were teens, and now they are approaching young adulthood. Each has a specific dysfunction that is a trademark of this show:
1) THE PERPETUAL VICTIM - A toxic person who always plays the victim and is thus always attracting friends and significant others who are perpetual "bleeding-heart," "dog-rescuer," or "nurse" type personalities. Because he always feels like a victim, he feels more than justified to play a modern-day Robin Hood by "non-violently" victimizing others, usually by lying, scamming, and thieving - especially against "rich people" and corporations that in his mind can easily absorb their losses, or because their wealth was ill-gained to begin with.
2) THE PERPETUAL SLOTH - Unmotivated and tuned-out due to all the criticism thrown at him by dysfunctional family members, friends, and teachers. This clown is always caught in a struggle to advance one step ahead in life, only to make careless mistakes that set him two steps back shortly thereafter. His indifference, his failure to follow instructions, his failure to pay attention to details, and his habit of procrastination are the primary reasons he can never succeed at anything he does. Making America great again means trying to get guys like this up-and-running the way he should be.
Their MOTHER is a very charming, beautiful, multi-talented woman who is loved by everyone and is perfect in every way, except that she enables everyone around her to be as imperfect as they are because she is constantly picking up after them and covering their backside - often without their knowledge...