THE IRON SHADOW
CREATED BY: Gerald Chong
WGAw REGISTRY: 1853422
Story by: Gerald Chong
REVISED: TUESDAY, 08/01/17 - 11:53 PM
A 16th-century African boy becomes possessed by a voodoo spirit, and when his Portuguese captors take him to Japan, the restless spirit grows increasingly violent and vows to kill him and everyone around him if he does not return it to the shores of Africa's Gold Coast.
Partially-inspired by the life and times of Yasufe (Yasuke the Black Samurai), this horror story takes place during the Sengoku Period, where the warlord Oda Nobunaga is engaged in a bloody civil war with powerful rivals.
- Yasufe was a young man from West Africa who was captured by Portuguese slave traders. He ends up being a confidant and bodyguard to Christian priests who enter Japan to spread the gospel.
- Feeling forever grateful to his Christian masters, Yasufe is like a pitbull terrier who shadows them like a hawk and is ever-ready to protect them from harm, including from supernatural Japanese ghosts and goblins.
- In one such battle, the supernatural ghost of a Japanese nine-tailed fox awakens the unknown supernatural being within him,
TV DRAMA SERIES
FAQ PAGE - (FREQUENTLY-ASKED QUESTIONS)
THE CENTRAL ISSUE
FEATURE FILM SERIES EPISODES
REVISED: TUESDAY, 07/04/2017 - 4:27 PM
- HIGHER EXPECTATIONS
- HIGHLY UNUSUAL
- Characters: Primary and supporting
- Possible actors
- Possible "Above-the-Line"
- Possible "Below-the-Line"
- Inspiration (Newspapers, TV, YouTube, etc.)
- Story location
- Shooting location
REVISED: THURSDAY, 02/07/19 - 4:41 PM - 41-031 WAILEA ST. - WAIMANALO, HAWAII
OBJECTIVES: As with all of our projects, our goal is to:
- Teach history and give our audiences some background into why things are the way they are.
- Debunk the myths, hoaxes, and "fake news."
- INSPIRE: We hope to create a sense of wonder to inspire a new generation of Americans to take action and do the right things. Because our show's supporting characters is a dreamer who aspires to greatness, our audiences can follow their respective paths.
- OUR ACTIONS DEFINE OUR CHARACTER: We need to show our audiences what road one has to travel in order to achieve our lifelong dreams. Nothing is promised or guaranteed. Nothing is free. One has to suffer some pain to elevate one's life to the next level.
- CALL TO ADVENTURE: When we are personally challenged by an evil person or called out by evil events (criminal activity, war, etc.) occurring within our community, we need to answer, or the evil will eventually reach us after it destroys our neighbors.
PROTAGONISTS: THE SLAVE
Architect Zaha Hadid was a world-famous architect who passed away on March 31, 2016. By showing audiences her extensive portfolio of designs via our feature films, we hope to inspire a new generation of architects who will push the boundaries of building design and construction.
ANTAGONISTS: THE RACISTS